Georgia L. Lucier
Georgia's practice includes civil litigation matters and related issues, probate and fiduciary litigation. Her trial practice includes matters in state and federal court, as well as arbitration and mediation.
In her probate and fiduciary litigation practice, Georgia has represented fiduciaries and beneficiaries in multimillion-dollar lawsuits involving executors, trustees and other fiduciaries. She has represented clients in will contests, will and trust interpretation issues, will forgeries, declaratory actions and prosecution and defense of various fiduciary claims.
In her civil litigation practice, Georgia has represented clients involving public law, oil and gas proceedings, contract disputes, governmental matters and corporate defense.
- Representation of individual and corporate trustees in breach of fiduciary duties cases.
- Counsel for estate and affiliated business entities against allegations of fraud and conspiracy regarding the sale and repurchase of ranch property.
- Represented aviation corporation in breach of fiduciary duties concerning a failed joint venture.
- Represented international oil company involving a breach of a broker's fee contract in connection with acquiring oil and gas property in Kazakhstan.
- Local counsel for defendant in personal injury, breach of contract and economic loss cases arising out of deepwater drilling rig failure, in federal and state court actions.
- Local counsel for defendant in Federal MDL created to handle securities class actions, shareholder derivative suits, and ERISA cases allegedly arising out of deepwater drilling failure.
- Managing Litigation Across Borders (October 12, 2013)
"Closing the Estate" and "Ethics in Probate Practice," Probate Practice: The Essential Basics, National Business Institute Seminar (September 9, 2008)
"The Laws and Rules Governing Trustees," "Non-Monetary Aspects of Trust Administration" and "Keeping the Books - Accounting in Trust Administration," Fundamentals of Trust Administration, National Business Institute Seminar (December 7, 2007)
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Probate, Wills and Trust Litigation
- JD, 2003, valedictorian, South Texas College of Law
- BA, 1995, University of Houston
- Texas 2004
- US District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association, Probate Trusts and Estate Section and Litigation Section