Ignacio is an Associate in the Corporate/Securities section of the Dallas Office representing domestic and international clients. His practice focuses on a variety of general corporate and transactional matters, primarily in the context of mergers and acquisitions, domestic and international venture capital financings, structured finance transactions, public and private offerings, and corporate governance. In addition, as a member of the firm’s Structured Finance and Securitization Group, he works on residential and commercial real estate structured finance transactions, including term securitizations and warehouse facilities.
His corporate experience includes advising clients in general corporate matters including the incorporation, formation and dissolution of entities throughout the United States, as well as the reinstatement and redomiciliation of international entities.
Ignacio’s transactional experience includes advising multilateral financial institutions in structured finance transactions in the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean, as well as drafting all related documentation in English and Spanish, including loan agreements, security agreements, consortium agreements and promissory notes.
Ignacio also represents clients in negotiating and drafting intellectual property-related agreements, including software vendor contracts, license agreements, consulting arrangements, and Internet and E-commerce-related contracts.
- vAuto, Inc. (a high-tech automotive inventory management tool and the second fastest growing software company in the country) in its sale to AutoTrader.com
- Trinity Hunt Partners, an advisor to middle market private equity funds, in acquisitions and dispositions of portfolio companies
- a large Multilateral Development Bank in a $62 million Senior loan to a regional financial institution in Costa Rica
- a large Multilateral Development Bank in a $50 million subordinated loan qualifying as tier II capital to a regional financial institution in Ecuador
- a large Multilateral Development Bank in a $10 million subordinated loan to a regional financial institution in Ecuador
- a large Multilateral Development Bank in a $20 million senior green loan to a regional financial institution in Honduras
- a large Multilateral Development Bank in a $20 million subordinated loan qualifying as tier II capital to a regional financial institution in Peru
- a large Multilateral Development Bank in a $20 million senior loan to a regional financial institution in Ecuador
- software developers in intellectual property licensing and distribution agreements
- Oil and Gas Companies Should Expect Increased SEC Scrutiny of Operations and Reserves (September 6, 2011)
- SEC Replaces Credit Ratings with New Wide Market Following Test for Shelf Registration Statement Eligibility (September 1, 2011)
- Revised HSR Form Adds Significant Reporting Requirements (July 26, 2011)
- EU Requires Consent Before Cookies Can Be Placed IP and Technology Developments - July 2011 (July 21, 2011)
- Bank Crisis in Argentina: The Constitutionality of Bank Deposits Pesification, the Massa Case - 14 Law & Bus. Rev. Am. 53 (2008)
- LLM, 2010, Tax, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- JD, 2009, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- BBA, 1999, Southern Methodist University, Cox School of Business
- BA, 1999, Southern Methodist University
- Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP)
- ATP council member alongside with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. The ATP council is the governing body of professional tennis. There are twelve (12) members in the council, ten (10) players, one (1) coach and one (1) alumni member. As alumni member, Ignacio represents the interests of all former ATP players. He has been appointed to a two year term on the council.
Played professional tennis from 1999-2004 and competed at the Challenger, ATP and Grand Slam level.
All-American at Southern Methodist University (1996-1999).
- 4/15/2014Andrews Kurth Represents IDB in Financing for Banco de Desenvolvimento de Minas Gerais
- 3/27/2013Andrews Kurth Represents IDB in $5 Million Loan to Banco G&T Continental El Salvador, S.A.
- 3/22/2013Andrews Kurth Represents IDB in $62 Million A/B Loan to Banco BAC San José S.A.
- 3/14/2013Andrews Kurth Represents IDB in the Establishment of a $265 Million Credit Facility
- 2/1/2012Andrews Kurth Represents IDB in $20 Million Subordinated Loan to Banco Interamericano de Finanzas