Leading the Industry’s Growth
Andrews Kurth has helped energy businesses succeed for more than 100 years. Built on this foundation of knowledge and experience, we are now a leading firm in renewable energy fuels, power, regulation, investment and environmental trading. Our lawyers get deals done by helping clients navigate the complexities of renewable energy projects and maximize available tax, financial and environmental credits and incentives. We facilitate clean and renewable energy sales by working with the complex contracts that underlie the movement of BTUs and KWHs. Our practice is involved daily in energy price, transportation and transmission regulations. We also assist renewable energy companies with access to potential sources of energy industry capital and investment.
Defining Our Strengths
Companies and investors around the world rely on Andrews Kurth. We have structured our renewable energy team to integrate the legal and business disciplines our clients need. These are strengths that define our renewable energy practice.
- We get deals done, identifying and reducing risk and enhancing profitability by helping clients negotiate and close clean and renewable energy projects and monetize government development incentives and tradable environmental energy credits.
- We know technology, working with clients to secure market opportunities involving clean and renewable energy opportunities, including wind, ethanol, biodiesel, biomass, clean coal and solar power.
- We see the big picture, providing guidance on efficient corporate structures, tax strategies, and appropriate debt and equity financing models (including government funding options).
- We are global, representing clean and renewable energy developers, lenders and investors, contractors and related companies in projects throughout developed and emerging markets.
Integrating Our Capabilities
Our integrated renewable energy team was built to combine Andrews Kurth’s business, finance, regulatory, energy, real estate, tax, environmental and other strengths. Team members work interactively on financings, investments, asset purchases and sales, and other transactions involving clean and renewable energy.
Many on our team were senior-level lawyers at leading federal or state regulatory agencies before joining Andrews Kurth. Many hold leadership positions in major clean and renewable energy trade associations. Our team collaborates with colleagues in other related practice groups throughout the firm, including intellectual property, private equity and venture capital.
Developers, investors, financial institutions, manufacturers, traders and other key players in the renewable energy industries rely on us. Whether they need help with project configuration, deal structures, various project contracts or incentives, our lawyers have the necessary depth and experience. We’ve done it all in renewable energy, and few law firms have done more.
- Commonwealth of Independent States / FSU
- Copyright Litigation
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
- IP Counseling and Licensing
- Latin America/Caribbean
- Middle East
- Patent Litigation
- Patent Prosecution
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board Proceedings
- Project Finance
- Securing and Maintaining Trademarks and Brand Names
- Technology and Emerging Companies
- Trade Secret/Trade Dress Litigation
- Trade Secrets/Trade Dress
- Trademark Proceedings and Litigation
Recognized as a Tier 1 Energy Law practice in the United States
Recognized as a Tier 1 Project Finance Law practice in the United States
Recognized as a Tier 1 Energy Law practice in Houston
Recognized as a Tier 1 Project Finance Law practice in Houston
Recognized as one of the leading International Projects & Energy practices in Latin America
- 6/20/2016The 2016 Legal 500 Guide Ranks Andrews Kurth in 14 Practice Areas
- 5/27/2016Andrews Kurth Receives High Marks from 2016 Chambers & Partners USA Guide
- 5/9/2016Andrews Kurth Adds Project Finance, M&A Partner George Pavlenishvili in New York
- 6/4/2015The 2015 Legal 500 Guide Ranks Andrews Kurth in 14 Practice Areas
- 5/19/2015Andrews Kurth Receives High Marks from 2015 Chambers & Partners USA Guide
- 4th ITA-IEL-ICC Joint Conference on International Energy ArbitrationJanuary 12, 2017
- Rice Alliance – 14th Annual Energy and Clean Technology Venture ForumSeptember 15, 2016
- Energy Bar Association HoustonJuly 20, 2016
- Women of Wind Energy Austin Chapter LuncheonFebruary 25, 2016
- Rice Alliance – 13th Annual Energy and Clean Technology Venture ForumSeptember 17, 2015
- Special Reporting Requirements Regarding Exercises of Incentive Stock Options and Transfers of Stock Acquired under Employee Stock Purchase Plans (2017 Update)January 11, 2017
- Supreme Court Agrees to Hear Important Patent Venue AppealDecember 21, 2016
- State and Local Governments Grapple with Challenges of New Limits on Antitrust State Action ImmunityDecember 1, 2016
- Breaking News: DOL’s Final Overtime Rule Halted By Texas Federal JudgeNovember 23, 2016
- Cybersecurity Due Diligence Is Crucial in All M&A—Including Energy M&A TransactionsNovember 14, 2016