Andrews Kurth Kenyon to Receive University of Houston Law Center's 2017 Law Gala Award
(Houston, Texas)—Andrews Kurth Kenyon is pleased to announce the firm is the recipient of the University of Houston Law Center's (UHLC) 2017 Law Gala Award. The firm is the first law firm to receive the award.
The Law Gala Award is given to recognize those who have shown exemplary support of the Law Gala and Auction, as well as the Law Center in general. Andrews Kurth Kenyon was chosen specifically because of the tremendous level of support the firm has provided to numerous areas of the Law Center over the years.
Decades ago, our founder Frank Andrews envisioned a firm where every individual practiced law in a manner “that the firm would have always the full confidence of clients and the trust of all people.” Since 1902, we have worked to live up to this founding goal by embracing an unwavering set of core values. We deliver unsurpassed client service, focusing on our clients' needs and objectives. To ensure success, we consistently hire the best and brightest, value diversity and inclusion in our workforce, practice internal cooperation and mutual respect, and thoughtfully manage and deploy our institutional resources. These values formed our foundation in the last century, and our firm stands strongly upon them to this day.
And, we are proud to say that the more than 60 talented graduates from the University of Houston Law Center currently working at Andrews Kurth Kenyon continue to live up to the firm’s founding goal. In addition to seeking and hiring talented UHLC alumni, the firm has partnered with the University of Houston Law Center in many endeavors over the years, including the following highlights:
- Blakely Advocacy Institute + Andrews Kurth Kenyon continue their partnership in the Advocating for Advocacy Program. One primary focus of the partnership is the support provided for the Andrews Kurth Kenyon Moot Court National Championship.
- UHLC + Andrews Kurth Kenyon launched a professional program to encourage scholarship and academic interest in energy law. The Andrews Kurth Kenyon Energy Law Scholars program brings accomplished individuals to the Law Center where they teach class and devote time to research, writing and other scholarly pursuits.
- A firm Partner, Practice Group Leader and member of the firm’s governing body was the recipient of the 2015 Dean’s Award for loyalty and dedication.
- UHLC + Andrews Kurth Kenyon launched a Professional Development Training Series called “Passport to Success,” which made the news in 2015 for this one-of-a-kind program which aimed to give law students a competitive advantage in the legal marketplace. The program was created by internationally-recognized professional development expert, Amy Sladczyk Hancock, who currently serves as the Director of Attorney Professional Development at Andrews Kurth Kenyon and University of Houston Law Center Assistant Dean, Allison Hickey Regan.
- The University of Houston Law Center’s Institute for Intellectual Property & Information Law (IPIL) + Andrews Kurth Kenyon launched the Institute’s spring lecture series in 2016, the program hosted a Stanford law professor as the inaugural speaker.
Andrews Kurth Kenyon has offices in 11 locations around the world, and is proud to be recognized as a firm that manages complex legal matters in all major industries and areas of business law and litigation. We build the best team for each client by using a multidisciplinary approach that combines knowledge, experience and individual strengths. Our clients obtain legal guidance that is efficient and effective. This way of practicing has garnered the firm a diverse group of clients. In fact, many of them have entrusted their legal issues to us for a very long time. We are proud that our consistent and thoughtful approach has forged these close and loyal relationships.
Our people are also deeply connected to their communities, and not only do we understand the value of partnering with a regional law school such as the University of Houston, we also participate in and contribute to all types of service projects—from building Habitat for Humanity houses to collecting suits for Dress for Success to supporting local education programs and food banks. We appreciate that our profession affords us certain advantages, and we wholeheartedly believe in giving back. It is, therefore, particularly meaningful to receive the 2017 Law Gala Award.
About Andrews Kurth Kenyon LLP
Since 1902, Andrews Kurth Kenyon has built its practice on the belief that “straight talk is good business.” Real answers, clear vision and mutual respect define the firm’s relationships with clients, colleagues, communities and employees. With nearly 430 attorneys and 11 locations worldwide, Andrews Kurth Kenyon represents a wide array of clients in multiple industries. For more information about Andrews Kurth Kenyon, please visit andrewskurthkenyon.com.
# # #