Deborah Roth Grabein
Director of Business Development
Deborah has over 24 years of experience in management, professional sales and marketing in the legal industry, and throughout this experience has pioneered many marketing and business development initiatives. She previously served as the Director of Marketing for Winstead (2001-2005), and was one of the first law firm business development directors in Texas, working at Hutcheson and Grundy (1986-1993). Much of her professional experience has focused on developing tools to successfully and skillfully serve clients’ needs in the legal industry.
At Andrews Kurth, Deborah provides strategic and tactical business development and marketing counsel to the firm and supports firm programs including women’s initiatives, diversity, and alumni and community relations.
In addition to leading firm-wide marketing initiatives for all offices and practices, Deborah has developed internal and external communications programs and created a public relations and media program.
Deborah received her B.A. from Southern Methodist University and her Paralegal Certificate from Southwestern Paralegal Institute. She has furthered her studies at Rice University and has taken several classes in pursuit of a Masters in Theology from Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University.
- "Unique Challenges and Opportunities for a Law Firm CMO," Chapter - The Role of a CMO at a Law Firm: Leading Marketing Executives on Developing Marketing Campaigns, Maximizing Advertising Dollars and Improving Client Development Effectiveness, Aspatore Books (May 2008)
- "ERM and CRM: Compare and Contrast," ILTA 2010 Annual Conference (August 23, 2010)
- "Cross-Selling: Getting More Work from Existing Clients," CMO PlayBook Series (July 28, 2010)
- "Success on the Social Web - How Firms are Leveraging Social Network, Blogs, Podcasts and More to Drive Business Development and Growth," 17th Annual Marketing Partner Forum 2010 (January 14, 2010)
- "Giving the Power of Information to Attorneys: Advanced CRM," Legal Marketing Association (February 18, 2009)
- "Are You on Track? How to Set and Reach Your Career Goals in Legal Marketing," LMA - Southeastern Chapter - Dallas City Group (May 15, 2008)
- "Best Practices - Power Plays from Marketing MVPs," The Houston Chapter of the Association for Accounting Marketing (January 18, 2006)
- "Developing an Integrated Marketing Campaign to Develop Clients and Marketshare," AMA Houston B2B Special Interest Group (January 8, 2010)
- "Marketing Professional of the Year" at the 2009 Hubbard One Excellence in Legal Marketing Awards
- BA, 1976, Education/English, Southern Methodist University
- Emerging Women Leaders, Greater Houston Partnership (2008-present)
- Legal Marketing Organization (LMA) (2001-present)