Meredith S. Mouer
Meredith Mouer is a highly regarded long-time corporate/securities partner. Meredith has an extensive practice that includes advising clients in public and private equity offerings, mergers and acquisitions, joint venture transactions, special committees and general corporate and securities matters. In addition, Meredith regularly counsels public companies regarding periodic reporting, corporate governance, proxy solicitation and other requirements of the federal securities laws and stock exchanges. She has particular experience relating to the energy industry including master limited partnerships (MLPs).
Meredith has a successful record of working with business executives and their teams to complete complex transactional matters under intense deadlines. She is known for being highly responsive and accessible, communicating with clients in a positive, direct and concise manner. Meredith works to maximize efficiencies on any given project, and is able to call on a network of Andrews Kurth professionals to lend their considerable experience. Clients appreciate her deep understanding of their business objectives, which enables her to readily guide them through any legal or business matter in a practical manner in order to accomplish their objectives on schedule and whether in the public or private arena.
Meredith has been committed to the advancement of women lawyers for over a decade. She is a Founding Member of the UT Center for Women in Law and, together with the Managing Partner, has served as Co-Chair of Andrews Kurth’s Women’s Initiative Team since its inception in 2004. Under Meredith's leadership, Andrews Kurth has been recognized for its retention rates and named one of the best law firms for women. In addition, Meredith currently serves on the Associates, Marketing and Diversity Committees and has served on the Compensation, Recruiting and Billing/Collections Committees, among other firm committees.
- Regular, wide range of SEC, stock exchange and other corporate compliance work for public companies
- Counsel to LNG terminal operator in:
- $5.6 billion project financing and private equity investment
- $326 million MLP IPO
- $331 million, $365 million, $468 million, $393 million and other equity offerings
- $2.032 billion and $184 million secured notes offerings
- at-the-market offerings
- Advise special committees of:
- midstream MLP in connection with $394 million merger with Tesoro Logistics LP
- midstream MLP in connection with $200 million asset acquisition
- midstream/upstream MLP in connection with recapitalization, acquisition and related transactions
- private exploration and production company in connection with pre-IPO acquisition
- Counsel to midstream MLP in bid to acquire interest in joint venture owning and constructing midstream assets
- Representation of controlled limited liability company in $720 million IPO
- Representation of public construction company in equity offerings
- Representation of underwriters in:
- $1.1 billion IPO of Intrepid Potash, Inc.
- $292 million MLP IPO of Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, L.P.
- $237 million MLP IPO of Eagle Rock Energy Partners, L.P.
- $400 million and $150 million secondary offerings of Regency Energy Partners, L.P.
- NYSE Expands Material News Notification Policy and Trading Halt Authority Effective September 28, 2015 (September 24, 2015)
- Public Company Directors – Managing Reputational Risks Straightline (September 2015)
- ISS Updates Proxy Voting Policies For 2015 (November 17, 2014)
- ISS Announces QuickScore 3.0 – Data Verification Period Ends November 14th (November 6, 2014)
- SEC Adopts Rules Implementing Dodd-Frank Disclosure Requirements for Payments by Resource Extraction Issuers (September 13, 2012)
- New Iran Sanctions Legislation Imposes SEC Disclosure Requirement (August 29, 2012)
- SEC Adopts Mine Safety Disclosure Rules (January 11, 2012)
- SEC Proposes Rules to Implement the Dodd-Frank Act’s Mine Safety Disclosure Requirements (January 25, 2011)
- SEC Proposes Disclosure Rules for Payments by Resource Extraction Issuers (January 13, 2011)
- Profiled as one of the leading Capital Markets Equity Offerings (2013) lawyers in the United States, The US Legal 500
- Recognized as a "Future Star" in Texas by Benchmark Litigation (2015)
- Texas Rising Star, Texas Monthly (2005, 2006, 2008)
- "Deals in Brief IPO Roundup, Liquid (and Solid) Assets," The American Lawyer, page 46 (August 2008)
- Capital Markets
- Initial Public Offerings (IPOs)
- Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- JD, 1995, The University of Texas School of Law
- BA, 1991, magna cum laude, Public Policy, Vanderbilt University, Phi Beta Kappa
- Texas 1995
- Center for Women in the Law, The University of Texas School of Law - Founding Member
- SEARCH Homeless Services - Board of Directors
- Emerging Women Leaders, Greater Houston Partnership
- The Littlefield Society of The University of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- 12/9/2014Andrews Kurth Litigation Practice Recognized as Highly Recommended by 2015 Benchmark Litigation
- 6/4/2013The 2013 Legal 500 Guide Ranks Andrews Kurth in 13 Practice Areas
- 9/2/2011Andrews Kurth Donates $25,000 to Dress For Success Houston for the Build Up, Suit Up Campaign
- 8/11/2009Andrews Kurth Named One of the “Best Law Firms For Women” by Working Mother Magazine
- 4/29/2008Andrews Kurth Lawyers Recognized as Rising Stars