Michael A. Boyd
Michael's practice involves all aspects of commercial real estate and finance transactions. He has represented institutional investors, pension funds, life insurance companies and developers in their real estate activities in Texas and throughout the United States. He has extensive experience representing various lenders and borrowers in real estate loans and workouts, including construction loans, acquisition loans, mortgage loans and mezzanine financings.
Michael's development experience includes the acquisition and development of office, retail and industrial projects and various mixed-use developments. He has also represented a number of publicly traded companies in the acquisition and development of their corporate headquarters. His practice includes assisting clients in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of development partnerships, joint ventures, and other entities for real estate development, and the negotiation and preparation of financing documents for real estate development, including both construction and permanent financing.
He has also represented both landlords and tenants on numerous large commercial leases in Class A buildings and projects. Michael has worked with various clients in connection with the negotiation and documentation of numerous structured finance transactions to facilitate real estate development activities, including both synthetic leases and sale/leaseback transactions.
- Who’s Who in Law, Real Estate, Houston Business Journal (2015)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law (2012-2017)
- Profiled as one of "Texas' Top Rated Lawyers" by ALM in Real Estate (2012)
- Profiled as one of the leading Real Estate (2010-2016) lawyers in Texas, Chambers & Partners USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers
- Profiled as one of the leading Real Estate (2010-2016) lawyers in the United States, The US Legal 500
- Texas Super Lawyer in Real Estate, Texas Monthly (2005, 2007)
- Economic Recovery and Government Opportunities
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Finance/Capital Markets
- JD, 1988, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- BBA, 1985, Accounting, The University of Texas at Austin
- Texas 1988
- Houston Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- 8/15/201653 Andrews Kurth Lawyers Named Best Lawyers in America 2017
- 6/20/2016The 2016 Legal 500 Guide Ranks Andrews Kurth in 14 Practice Areas
- 5/27/2016Andrews Kurth Receives High Marks from 2016 Chambers & Partners USA Guide
- 8/17/201557 Andrews Kurth Lawyers Named Best Lawyers in America 2016
- 6/4/2015The 2015 Legal 500 Guide Ranks Andrews Kurth in 14 Practice Areas