Nancy B. Bostic
Nancy represents public and private companies and private equity funds in private placements of securities, acquisitions and dispositions of assets and equity, joint ventures, recapitalizations, financings and change of control transactions valued at up to $3.5 billion. She has extensive experience negotiating complex holding and operating company partnership and limited liability company structures and subsequent liquidity events. Nancy represents buyers and sellers in competitive bidding contests and attendant asset and equity sales and advises boards of directors on governance, risk management and significant corporate events. Her clients focus in the upstream and midstream oil and gas, oilfield service and chemical and product manufacturing industries.
- Counsel to Magellan Midstream Partners, L.P. (NYSE: MMP) in $850 million transaction to form a partnership with Plains All American Pipeline, LP to finance, construct, manage and operate a 550-mile pipeline to transport crude oil from Colorado to Oklahoma.
- Counsel to Magellan Midstream Partners, L.P. (NYSE: MMP) in purchase by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation of a 20% equity interest in a partnership to construct and operate the above $850 million, 550-mile crude oil pipeline.
- Counsel to an affiliate of Hilcorp Energy Company in the sale of Eagle Ford shale assets for $3.5 billion to an affiliate of Marathon Oil Corporation.
- Counsel to private equity fund in $400 million preferred equity investment in a partnership with an affiliate of Chesapeake Energy which owns and develops oil and gas assets in Ohio’s Utica Shale.
- Counsel to an affiliate of Hilcorp Energy Company in $400 million investment by an affiliate of Kohlberg, Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. in a newly-formed partnership to own and develop oil and gas properties in the Eagle Ford shale.
- Counsel to midstream privately held oil and gas company in $1 billion sale of crude oil and condensate gathering and transportation pipeline systems and simultaneous formation and funding of joint venture to own and operate the systems.
- Counsel to industrial cleaning company in $12 million acquisition of all of the stock of a competitor providing services to the refinery and petrochemical sectors.
- Counsel to affiliate of Post Oak Energy Capital, LP in $40 million equity investment in Core Minerals Management to fund the exploration, development and sale of oil and gas in the Illinois basin.
- Counsel to leading manufacturer of mechanical refrigeration units which process natural gas in asset sale, recapitalization and investment by private equity fund.
- Counsel to affiliate of Hercules Offshore, Inc. in sale of domestic liftboat fleet for $57 million.
- Counsel to private equity fund in $70 million investment in manufacturer of large-scale ethanol production facilities.
- Counsel to Lloyd’s Register Group in acquisition of provider of technical services for well control and drilling systems on deepwater offshore drilling rigs.
- Counsel to affiliate of Hilcorp Energy Company in $300 million joint venture with affiliate of NiSource Inc. to construct new gathering pipeline infrastructure and natural gas liquids (NGL) processing facilities to support natural gas production in the Utica Shale region of northeast Ohio and western Pennsylvania.
- Counsel to affiliate of Post Oak Energy Capital, LP in $40 million acquisition of majority stake in Refinery Specialties, Inc., an oilfield services company providing well site services.
- Counsel to publicly held company in $950 million competitive bid to acquire chemicals manufacturing company.
- Counsel to ATP Oil & Gas Corp. in $150 million equity investment by GE Energy Financial Services for 49% stake in partnership that owns and operates a floating oil and gas production unit.
- Counsel to Provident Energy Trust in $345 million sale of U.S. oil and gas assets (producing and non-producing crude oil reserves) to BreitBurn Energy Partners L.P.
- Counsel to Provident Energy Trust in the $305 million sale of the equity of Breitburn Energy Company L.P. (producing and non-producing crude oil reserves).
- Counsel to oil and gas company in $40 million joint venture to develop, construct and operate natural gas compression units in the Gulf Coast region of the U.S.
- Counsel to Atlas Holdings in $50 million acquisition of facilities that produce steam and electricity from municipal waste.
- Counsel to purchaser in $20 million acquisition of a manufacturer and distributor of chemical “drag reducing agents” to reduce the friction of petroleum products as they travel through pipelines.
- Counsel to Atlas Industrial Services LLC in $50 million equity and subordinated debt investment by Olympus Partners in support of Atlas’ mill services to the steel industry.
- Counsel to publicly held company in $870 million competitive bid to acquire offshore jetty platforms and tank farm for crude oil, fuel oil and refined petroleum products.
- Counsel to public company buyer in $100 million acquisition of public company manufacturer of industrial pipe products.
- Counsel to Clear Lake Chemicals in its acquisition of specialty chemical manufacturing plant from BASF and subsequent sale by Clear Lake Chemicals to Athlon Solutions.
- Counsel to Frontier Oil Company in the acquisition of private ethanol storage and throughputting company.
- Counsel to Lightfoot Capital Partners, LP in the acquisition of petroleum products storage and throughputting assets of seven companies from Center Oil Company.
- Counsel to privately-held crane and rigging company in sale by founders for $50 million.
- Counsel to Enterprise Products Operating, L.P. in acquisition of midstream energy services provider to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids and crude oil.
- Counsel to private equity fund in roll up joint venture transaction to own and operate retail sign companies.
- “The Last Nail in the Coffin”: Delaware Chancery Court Rejects Another Disclosure-Only Settlement (February 4, 2016)
- Death Knell for the Merger Tax on Disclosure-Only Settlements in Delaware? (October 22, 2015)
- Delaware Courts Scrutinize Recent Proposed Settlement Agreements – A Harbinger of Fewer M&A “Transaction Tax” Lawsuits? (September 10, 2015); Republished by Corporations Service (Wolters Kluwer) (November 2, 2015)
- “Made in America” Creates M&A Opportunities in U.S. Manufacturing Industry (June 2014)
- Delaware Supreme Court Affirms Availability of Business Judgment Rule in Controlling Stockholder Mergers (April 30, 2014)
- Tackling Partnership Structures and Exit Events, (pdf) Texas Business Journals (February 2014)
- Structuring Strategic Alliances, Straightline (November 2013)
- Board-Adopted Forum Selection Bylaws Upheld by Delaware Court of Chancery (July 2, 2013)
- Speaker, Association for Corporate Growth Women in Private Equity event (October 2016)
- Speaker, Association for Corporate Growth Women in Private Equity event (March 2016)
- Speaker, Association for Corporate Growth Women in Private Equity event (October 2015)
- Speaker, Association for Corporate Growth Women in Private Equity event (May 2015)
- Speaker, Association for Corporate Growth Women in Private Equity (November 2014)
- Speaker, Association for Corporate Growth event (October 2014)
- Rice Alliance – 12th Annual Energy and Clean Technology Venture Forum (September 11, 2014)
- Speaker, “Made in America” Creates M&A Opportunities in U.S. Manufacturing Industry event (June 2014)
- Speaker, Association for Corporate Growth Women in Private Equity event (May 2014)
- Speaker, Association for Corporate Growth Texas Capital Connection Conference event (March 2014)
- Speaker, Texas Wall Street Women’s Casino Night for a Cause (October 2013)
- CLE and CPE Speaker, “Partnering Up in Business: Art of the Joint Venture” (October 2013)
- CLE Speaker, “Environmental Issues in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions” (April 2008)
- Energy Services
- Energy Transactions
- Investment Funds
- Manufacturing and Sales
- Natural Gas
- Oil and Gas
- Private Equity
- Technology and Emerging Companies
- Venture Capital
- Investment Funds
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Technology and Emerging Companies
- Venture Capital
- LLM in Taxation, 1996, New York University School of Law
- JD, 1995, cum laude, Pepperdine University School of Law
- BA, 1991, Tufts University
- California 1996
- Texas 2006
- Association for Corporate Growth, Board of Directors
- Women’s Forum of the Association for Corporate Growth, Founder and Chairperson
- Anti-Defamation League, Board of Directors, Civil Rights Committee and Glass Leadership Institute
- Association for Corporate Growth, Texas Capital Connection Committee
- Texas Wall Street Women, Board of Directors, 2013-2015
- Andrews Kurth Women's Initiative Committee
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California