F. Pierre VanderVegt, Jr., Ph.D.
Dr. VanderVegt is a Patent Agent registered to practice with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He assists in patent prosecution before the USPTO, formulating responses in international prosecution and drafting patent applications, especially in the fields of biotechnology, bioinformatics, cosmetics, mechanical devices, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Petr has been a registered Patent Agent with the USPTO since 2001. He also has 12 years of experience as Patent Examiner at the USPTO, with a docket focused in cellular and humoral immunology. He allowed 280 patents as an Examiner.
- Maclaren N, Lan M, Coutanta R, Schatzb D, Silverstein J, Muir A, Clare-Salzerb M, Sheb J-X, Malone J, Crockett S, Schwartz S, Quattrin T, DeSilva M, Vander Vegt P, Notkins A, and Krischer J: Only Multiple Autoantibodies to Islet Cells (ICA), Insulin, GAD65, IA-2 and IA-2β Predict Immune-Mediated (Type 1) Diabetes in Relatives. Journal of Autoimmunity. 12(4):279-287. (1999).
- Notkins AL, Lu J, Li Q, VanderVegt FP, Wasserfall C, Maclaren NK and Lan MS: IA-2 and IA-2B are major autoantigens in IDDM and the precursors of the 40 kDa and 37 kDa tryptic fragments. Journal of Autoimmunity. 9(5):677-682. (1996).
- Dumois JA, VanderVegt FP, Kopp JB, Marinos NJ, Rooney JF and Notkins AL: Transplantation of skin from HIV-1 transgenic mice to normal congenic mice results in graft refection. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 172(1):232-234 (1995).
- Johnson LL, VanderVegt FP and Havell EA: IFN-gamma-dependent temporary resistance to acute Toxoplasma gondii infection independent of CD4+ or CD8+ lymphocytes. Infection and Immunity. 61(12):5174-5180. (1993).
- VanderVegt FP and Johnson LL: Induction of long-term H-Y specific tolerance in female mice given male lymphoid cells white transiently depleted of CD4+ or CD8+ T cells. Journal of Experimental Medicine. 177(6): 1587-1592. (1993).
- Dwyer DS, VanderVegt FP and Zhou T: Immunogenetics of experimental myasthenia gravis: Contribution of IgVH genes encoding anti-dextran antibodies to immune responsiveness against the acetylcholine receptor. In, "Immunogenetics of Autoimmune Disease. Volume 2". Ed. N. Farid. CRC Press, Inc. Boca Raton, FL (1991).
- Dwyer DS, VanderVegt FP, Bartels J and Brown GB Monoclonal antibodies against the P2 protein of peripheral myelin and d18 protein of PC12 cells bind to antigen presenting cells and inhibit T cell activation. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 540:452-454. (1988).
- Dwyer DS, Bartels J, VanderVegt FP and Brown GB: Monoclonal antibody interference with cell membrane signaling via putative lipid-binding proteins. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, 11B:159 (1987).
- Intellectual Property and Technology
- Intellectual Property Opinions
- Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights
- PhD, 1991, Medical Genetics, The University of Alabama at Birmingham
- BS, 1985, Biology, Eckerd College
- US Patent and Trademark Office