Siddharth "Sid" Sethy
Sid Sethy's practice covers corporate and finance matters. He has advised commercial lenders on several structured finance transactions. Sid’s experience also includes development, financing, acquisition and disposition of energy and infrastructure facilities. He has worked on energy and infrastructure projects in the U.S. and in Latin America and has also advised commercial and multilateral lenders on a variety of structured, corporate and project finance transactions. He also has experience representing project sponsors and lenders in several project financings and has advised U.S. energy companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions. He has also advised clients, including state owned Chinese companies in the acquisition of upstream oil and gas assets in Latin America and Africa.
He has also advised clients on structuring and implementation of investments in India spanning various industries and practice areas including manufacturing and private equity. Sid has also represented international clients in their collaborations with Indian entities in the areas of global outsourcing and manufacturing. Prior to moving to the United States to pursue his LL.M., Sid worked in India with Trilegal's New Delhi office where he emphasized on international business transactions.
- Represented BMR Jamaica Wind Limited (Sponsor) on the $62.7 million dollar non-recourse project financing to finance a 36.3 MW wind farm in St. Elizabeth Parish, Jamaica under a 20-year power purchase agreement with Jamaica Public Service Company.
- Represented Generadora del Sur, S.A. (Sponsor) in the closing of $78 million project co-financing for Genisa’s 30 MW hydropower electricity generation project located in the Republic of Panama.
- Represented Banco Agromercantil de Guatemala, as lender, in $95 million financing for the development, construction, operation and maintenance of a 16 MW power plant in Belize.
- Represented IIC and FCIB om $112.4 million secured co-loan facility to finance the development, construction, equipping, commissioning and operation of a 150 room expansion of an existing hotel in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
- Represented IIC in $50 million loan to Generadora San Mateo, S.A. and Generadora San Andreas, S.A to finance two run-of-the-river hydroelectric power plants with a total capacity of 30.65 MW in the Municipality of San Mateo Ixtatan, department of Huehuetenango, Guatemala and a shared transmission line of approximately 32km.
- Represented IDB in US$300 million secured A/B loan facility to Klabin S.A. to finance equipment capital expenditures and working capital in connection with the development, financing, construction, operation, maintenance and closure of a state-of-the-art eucalyptus/pine plantation–based pulp mill with an annual production of 1,500,000 tons and related facilities, including a 270 MW biomass electricity generation facility, a 42 km and 230 kv transmission line, a 22 km secondary railway and storage facilities in the port of Paranaguá, State of Paraná, Brazil.
- Represented RES Americas in the 50/50 joint venture with Algonquin Power and Utilities for the approximately $300 million Deerfield wind project in Michigan.
- Represented RET Capital in the acquisition of the 102 MW Coram wind farm in California.
- Represented RES Americas in the disposition of the approximately 200 MW Longhorn North wind farm in Texas.
- Represented RES Americas in the power purchase agreement for the 114 MW Deerfield wind farm in Michigan.
- Representation of Binani Industries Ltd, a leading conglomerate based in India, in an all cash acquisition (with $2.7 million due at closing and the rest based on a three year earn out) of Composite Products, Inc., a Minnesota based company manufacturing long-fiber reinforced thermoplastics.
- Advised Good Energies Investments Jersey Ltd and Wolfensohn Capital Partners in negotiations and prepared Stock Purchase Agreement and Shareholders Agreement for $20 million investment in Mauritian company looking to invest in hydro power projects in India.
- Counsel to leading global investor in renewable energy and energy efficiency partnering with a private investment firm in the U.S. in $20 million investment in a Mauritian company looking to invest in hydro power projects in India.
- Closed $17 million deal for $600 million open-ended real estate fund, investing in an Integrated Residential and IT Township in India, through an investment in a Mauritian company
- Counsel to a large NYSE-listed oilfield services company in $200 million plus merger with NASDAQ-listed drilling company.
- Representation of large Multilateral Development Bank in a $50 million senior loan to a regional financial institution in Ecuador.
- Representation of global manufacturer and supplier of self-managing energy data communications networks in $18 million Series D Financing.
- Counsel to major North American agribusiness and food ingredient manufacturer in its $10 million fuel ethanol transaction to acquire and import Anhydrous Ethyl Alcohol from South America.
- Representation of a Chinese corporation, primarily owned by the Chinese government, in the due diligence phase of its over $1 billion winning bid to acquire off-shore oil drilling rights in Angola.
- Representation of large Multilateral Development Bank in $85 million and $65 million senior loans to two regional financial institutions in Panama.
- Counsel to developer of biomass facility in closing of $10.5 million in financing.
The following represents experience prior to joining Andrews Kurth:
- Represented a private equity firm in acquisition of a provider of ancillary vehicle finance and insurance, providing assistance with due diligence and review of purchase agreement.
- Advised global confectionery company on Indian closing of worldwide acquisition of confectionary business from its' parent company, providing assistance with due diligence, preparation and review of asset purchase agreement, and post-closing filings.
- EPA Moving Ahead with Regulation of Greenhouse Gases (September 25, 2009)
- Commonwealth of Independent States / FSU
- Latin America/Caribbean
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Middle East
- Project Finance
- South Asia
- Venture Capital
- LLM, 2004, University of Michigan Law School
- LLB, 2002, Indian Law Society's Law College
- District of Columbia 2013
- New York 2007
- India 2002
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- 1/31/2017Andrews Kurth Kenyon Represents IIC, FMO and C2F in $78 Million Loan to HIDRONORMANDIA S.A.
- 11/15/2016Andrews Kurth Kenyon Represents IDB in $50 Million Loan to Banco Cooperativo Sicredi S.A.
- 9/7/2016Andrews Kurth Represents IDB in $40 Million Loan to Banco Société Générale Brasil S.A.
- 1/12/2016Andrews Kurth Represents IIC and FCIB in Secured Loan to Seawind Key Investments Limited and Caribbean Key Holdings Inc.
- 10/6/2015Andrews Kurth Represents CIFI in a $12 Million Secured Loan to Solsantonio S.A., Solchacras S.A., Solhuaqui S.A., Gonzaenergy S.A. and San Pedro Solar Energy S.A. in Ecuador