Tammy W. Brennig
Tammy's practice includes a broad range of financing, commercial real estate, project finance, derivative and telecommunications transactions. She represents financial institutions, sponsors, equity investors and project companies in a variety of financing matters, including syndicated and structured finance transactions, as well as workouts and restructuring of such transactions. She has significant experience representing servicers of commercial mortgage loans in the servicing-related aspects of structured finance transactions. Tammy has substantial experience in non-judicial foreclosures of all types of commercial properties, including dealerships, retail centers, apartments, warehouses and raw land.
Additionally, she has extensive experience in the field of derivative transactions and regularly advises clients on a wide range of derivative products including interest rate and commodity swaps, caps, options and other hedging arrangements. Over the last several years, Tammy has also worked with telecommunication providers on a full range of issues, including drafting and negotiating collocation agreements, interconnection agreements, indefeasible right-of-use agreements, asset purchase agreements and optical fiber-related service agreements.
- Counsel to Cadence Bank and Bank of America in a $65 million loan to Alleyton Resource Corp. and Leaman Building Materials, Inc. to finance an acquisition
- Counsel to Capital One National Association in a $250 million revolving credit facility for Sanchez Energy Corporation
- Counsel to Energy Alloys in a $70 million term and revolver financing provided by GE Capital Corporation
- Counsel to Capital One Bank, N.A. on the $110 million E&P loan to Black Elk Energy Offshore Resources
- Counsel to The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in a $1 billion financing to Fayetteville Express Pipeline LLC, a joint venture of Energy Transfer Partners L.P. and Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P.
- Counsel to JPMorgan Chase N.A., as administrative agent on $250 million syndicated credit facility to Kirby Corporation
- Counsel to JPMorgan Chase N.A., as administrative agent on $120 million syndicated credit facility to a national fast food chain
- Counsel to JPMorgan Chase N.A., as administrative agent on $100 million syndicated credit facility to Benchmark Electronics, Inc.
- Counsel to Nexbank, SSB, as administrative agent on $50 million syndicated second lien term loan facility to Marcal Paper Mills, Inc.
- Counsel to CMBS servicer in mortgage loan defeasances totaling in excess of $200 million
- Counsel to General Electric Capital Corporation in connection with its mezzanine debt portfolio including originations, modifications and workouts
- Counsel to General Electric Capital Corporation in connection with its participation in ten (10) bid auction transactions for the acquisition of performing, non-performing and under-performing mortgage loan portfolios
- National CMBS counsel to servicers handling loan modification, assumptions, defeasances and other related transactions
- Counsel to Compass Bank in handling and administering more than 150 foreclosures in five Texas counties involving a national homebuilder
- Counsel to a broadband provider in connection with the sale of multi-state telecommunication system
- Counsel to Hilcorp Energy I, L.P. and several other oil and gas and manufacturing companies in connection with interest rate and commodity swap transactions
- Counsel to Compãnía Mega S.A. in connection with $472 million project financing for the Mega LPG Project in Argentina
- CFTC Issues Revised Interpretation Regarding Contracts with Embedded Volumetric Optionality (June 24, 2015)
- Named a Top Lawyer in Houston, Houstonia Magazine (2016)
- Economic Recovery and Government Opportunities
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Finance/Capital Markets
- JD, 1992, cum laude, South Texas College of Law, Order of the Lytae
- BBA, 1990, magna cum laude, Lamar University, Phi Kappa Phi, Sigma Iota Epsilon
- Texas 1993
- NALP, National Advisory Board Member
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- South Texas College of Law Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- 12/1/201615 Andrews Kurth Lawyers Named 2016 Top Lawyers in Houston
- 10/19/2016Andrews Kurth Partner Tammy W. Brennig Named to NALP Foundation National Advisory Board
- 8/5/2013Andrews Kurth Announces New Leadership for Firmwide Associate Recruiting
- 9/8/2009Andrews Kurth Announces New Leadership for Houston Recruiting Committee