Litigation and Dispute Resolution
The litigation group at Andrews Kurth functions like a boutique, but one with the logistical support and the bench strength of a large firm. We are composed of over 50 partners and 40 non-partners, who bring to each case the focus, imagination and efficiency born of having tried cases to conclusion. Unlike firms that have been reducing their capability to try lawsuits, Andrews Kurth has been actively growing and acquiring the talent necessary to take each case all the way to a verdict and to successfully represent our clients. Our partners have collectively tried over 1,000 cases to jury verdict or bench decision.
Our experience in the courtroom, our knowledge of what will actually persuade a judge or a jury, coupled with a “One Riot, One Ranger” mentality, create an atmosphere in which each case receives the attention and the creativity which is its due, and results in more effective and efficient resolutions for our clients.
We know companies can be either plaintiffs or defendants in cases, and our lawyers understand the interests at stake in either role. When we appear in a case, our opponents confront lawyers known to have the willingness and the talent to take the matter all the way. In an age when many large firm “litigators” have little or no significant jury trial experience, this presents a tremendous advantage to our clients, whether at trial or in settlement.
Many disputes are required to be litigated before the AAA, JAMS, or other similar organizations. We have extensive experience in such forums and make use of our courtroom abilities. When business disputes cross national borders, we similarly represent our clients before the leading international arbitral bodies. We routinely appear before the leading global and regional forums (including the International Centre for Dispute Resolution, International Chamber of Commerce and London Court of International Arbitration), and are skilled at the unique presentation skills required for arbitral effectiveness.
We are also quite aware that the best result is not always a verdict or a judgment and are adept at developing creative and pre-emptive solutions to our clients’ problems. We manage internal corporate investigations, government-mandated investigations and assist boards, in-house counsel and board committees to identify problems and ensure compliance before litigation ensues.
Our partners are routinely selected by their peers and by our clients for recognition in Benchmark Litigation, Chambers & Partners USA, Legal 500, Super Lawyers and The Best Lawyers in America.
We invite you to review our capabilities in the various industries listed to the right and to review our individual resumes.
- Art, Museum and Cultural Property
- Health Care
- Hospitality and Hotels
- Manufacturing and Sales
- Maritime and Offshore Drilling
- Real Estate
- Antitrust Litigation
- Art, Museum and Cultural Property
- Aviation Litigation
- Banking/Finance Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Eminent Domain and Land Use Litigation
- Energy Disputes and Litigation
- Environmental Disputes, Contested Proceedings and Litigation
- Health Care Litigation and Compliance
- Intellectual Property and Technology
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration
- Managed Care and ERISA
- Mass Tort
- Oil and Gas Disputes
- Probate, Wills and Trust Litigation
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- Public Law Litigation
- Qui Tam
- Securities and Shareholder Litigation
- White Collar and Regulatory Enforcement
Recognized as a Highly Recommended Litigation Practice in Texas
Recognized as a Tier 1 Energy Law practice in the United States
Recognized as a Tier 1 Appellate practice in Austin
Recognized as a Tier 1 Antitrust Litigation practice in Dallas
Recognized as a Tier 1 Mediation Law practice in Houston
- 11/7/2016Andrews Kurth Kenyon Litigation Practice Recognized as Highly Recommended by 2017 Benchmark Litigation
- 9/22/2016Andrews Kurth Kenyon Lawyers Named in New York Super Lawyers and Rising Stars 2016
- 5/27/2016Andrews Kurth Receives High Marks from 2016 Chambers & Partners USA Guide
- 4/26/2016Andrews Kurth Files Supreme Court Amicus Brief on Behalf of JYANT Technologies, Inc.
- 4/22/2016Seven Andrews Kurth Partners Named 2016 Best Lawyers in Dallas
- Texas State Bar’s 29th Annual International Law InstituteFebruary 23, 2017
- Case in Point Webinar Series:
The 10 Things You Need to Know About Patent Litigation in 2017February 14, 2017
- 12th Annual TJOGEL SymposiumFebruary 10, 2017
- ABA White Collar Crime Regional Event: Healthcare Enforcement UpdateFebruary 10, 2017
- Andrews Kurth Kenyon CLE | Antitrust Trends in the Technology IndustryJanuary 26, 2017
- Goodbye, Newman – U.S. Supreme Court Gives Government Key Victory in Insider Trading CasesDecember 8, 2016
- State and Local Governments Grapple with Challenges of New Limits on Antitrust State Action ImmunityDecember 1, 2016
- New York Proposes First State Cybersecurity Regulations for Financial Services Companies; Federal Agencies Push for Enhanced Standards to Prevent “Cyber Contagion”November 4, 2016
- The DOJ Continues to Incentivize Corporate Self-Disclosure… This Time, Export ControlNovember 2, 2016
- FTC and DOJ Release Guidance on How Antitrust Law Applies to Employee Hiring and CompensationOctober 26, 2016